in ,

UFC and WWE merge to form mammoth live sports powerhouse worth $21 billion

Roman Reigns defeated Cody Rhodes in the WrestleMania 39 main event in Hollywood

UFC and WWE merger announced
UFC and WWE merger announced (Source: Twitter)

The WWE has been purchased by UFC’s parent company Endeavor, and together, the two organisations will become a major force in live sports worldwide. According to Endeavor, the firm will now control 51% of the WWE, with the remaining 49% staying in the hands of individual investors and stakeholders. Endeavor has estimated the value of the wrestling brand at over $9 billion, making the firm the owner of a combined sports enterprise with a market value of over $21 billion when coupled with the UFC.

According to Endeavor CEO Ariel Emanuel, his team can continue to expand the company, just as Vince McMahon has done. He stated, “This is a rare opportunity to create global live sports and entertainment pureplay built for where the industry is headed. For decades, Vince and his team have demonstrated an incredible track record of innovation and shareholder value creation, and we are confident that Endeavor can deliver significant additional value for shareholders by bringing UFC and WWE together.”

WrestleMania victor Roman Reigns shared his thoughts on the merger

McMahon spoke about the agreement as well. The 77-year-old thinks that selling to Endeavor was ultimately in the company’s and its stockholders’ best interests. Declared Vince McMahon, “Given the incredible work that Ari and Endeavor have done to grow the UFC brand – nearly doubling its revenue over the past seven years – and the immense success we’ve already had in partnering with their team on a number of ventures, I believe that this is without a doubt the best outcome for our shareholders and other stakeholders.”

The main event of Wrestlemania 39’s second night of competition featured Roman Reigns defeating Cody Rhodes. With his triumph, The Tribal Chief has held both the WWE and Universal Championships for more than 480 days. Reigns met with the media after his victory to talk about a historic weekend in pro wrestling. During the press conference, the 37-year-old was questioned about the most recent Endeavor and WWE deals.

The superstar claimed that although he hadn’t paid much attention to news outside the ring, whoever ran the wrestling business was “fortunate” to have him. “I was busy smashing your favorite. So, I don’t really know much about that. Today was busy day for me. Whatever happens, I’m sure they are all very lucky to have me. I know that much.”

Shakib Al Hasan

‘Captaincy nahi mila toh dhoka de diya’ – Fans react as reports of Shakib Al Hasan opting out of Indian T20 League 2023 emerge

Chennai vs Lucknow

‘Best Impact player’ – Fans react as stray dog enters Chepauk stadium delaying Chennai vs Lucknow clash in ITL 2023